Scientific Training and Continuous Studies
NARSS has the capabilities to provide training internally (to NARSS staff), externally (to all scientists, young researchers) and regionally (to any individuals or/and institutions from the Arab and African countries). The Training Department possesses all the required human and technical resources to conduct scientific and technical training courses that are related to space sciences.
As a part of the National Authority for Remote Sensing & Space Sciences (NARSS), the Division of Scientific Training and Continuous Studies (STCSD) has the mandate of developing the necessary human and infrastructural capacity in all field of Remote Sensing and GIS techniques . Studies and training represent an important component of the general strategy of NARSS in the field of space sciences, remote sensing and GIS techniques in the different field of ( Geology, Soil, Hydrology, Marine, Environment etc. ). This depends mainly on developing and exchanging scientific information for use in reaching research objective. This strategy is focused on the training using modem techniques in the fields of space technology and Geographic Information System (GIS) in scientific applications Mastering these techniques is one of the most important priorities of NARSS to contribute in developing scientific research and promoting the achievements of the development projects in the society.
- Introductory and advanced courses in remote sensing
- Introductory and advanced courses in Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Remote sensing application in water resources management
- Remote sensing application in geology and mineral resources
- Remote sensing application in coastal zone management
- Remote sensing application in precision farming
- Technical courses in using remote sensing and GIS software packages (e.g. ERDAS Imaging,ENVI, ArcGIS and other related courses).
The training Department can also provide tailored courses oriented to a specific theme upon request.
NARSS Training Courses 2009