The main scope of the project is to develop series of Pico-satellite using national capabilities for the purpose of technology demonstration.
The alliance has a broad scope of work as follows:
• To leverage the knowledge in the field of satellite technology.
• To create a sustainable linkage between space research entities and industry.
• To engage the private sector in space based services chain development.
• To enhance the Egyptian industry level meeting the space standards.
• Knowledge sharing and information dissemination of space know-how in universities and
Two satellites have been developed and launched in orbit.
January 01, 2020
To build and launch a pico-satellite which is 2U (10 x 10 x 20 cm) for technology development and demonstration purposes, the suggested satellite lifetime is 12 months.
To develop a new space technology in the field of materials for satellite structure and alloy for magnetorquer.
To promote the level of knowledge and hence help in accommodating indigenous capabilities in the field of satellite development.
To build a telemetry mining software package that can forecast the satellite performance.
To Commercialize research outcomes and satellite products (telemetry, images, subsystems design)
NARSS has been established in 1991 as a General Authority for Remote Sensing belongs to the Ministry of State for Scientific Research.
NARSS was then organizationally restructured in 1994; following the Presidential Decree No. 261 for 1992, as a National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences belongs to the Ministry of Scientific Research.