Data Reception, Analysis and Receiving Station Affairs
Research Area :
- Sinai Information System for Land Management and Environment Monitoring, (WP 10) Satellite Base & HRPT Output Maps (2011-2012).
- Misrsat-1 Data Calibration (2010-2011).
- Technology Management & Integrated Modeling in Natural Resources; A University-Enterprise Win-Win Partnership (TEMPUS–Project) in co-operation with the europian commission (2009-2010).
- Super Resolution Image Reconstruction Using Data Fusion (2009-2010).
- Production of photomaps and a complete mosaic of the eastern desert, the valley and the Nile Delta using Spot 4 satellite data (2007-2009).
- The use of remote sensing techniques and geographic information system for the delineation and monitoring of fish production in Egypt (2007-2008).
- Using satellite data in the assessment of water quality parameters in some areas along the Red Sea coast, Egypt (2006-2007).
- Ph.D. in Electronics and Communications, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University (2002). Thesis entitled “A Novel Change Detection Technique for Multi-temporal Remotely Sensed Data”.
- M.Sc. in Electronics and Communications, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University (1986). Thesis entitled “Change Detection in Remote Sensing, The Sequential Similarity Detection Algorithms”
- B.Sc. in Electronics and Communications, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University (1981).
Professional Experience :
- Broad experience in the analysis of space and airborne sensor collected data, digital image processing and GIS, for remote sensing application purposes, natural resource assessment and management, terrain analysis, and various environmental Issues (See project listing ) .
- Operation, maintenance, and utilization of the digital image processing facilities at the National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences (NARSS), Cairo, Egypt, which provide latest techniques.
- Development of some software packages used in the image data analysis computer system.
- Operation of Thermovision Infrared Cameras (AGA) and the analysis of thermal images (Temperature distribution in: cotton worms, plant leaves, integrated circuits, dental research, and other archaeological applications (sphinx)).
- Ground truth data collection during the remote sensing field check trips using Radiometers (Multispectral mesurments).
Professional And Honor Societies :
- The Egyptian Engineering Syndicate, Cairo, Egypt (1981- present).
- The Egyptian Society of Remote Sensing, GIS and Space sciences, Cairo, Egypt (1997- present).
- Participating in (member of) the technical committee responsible for putting the specifications for the establishment of the National Egyptian Ground Receiving Station, Cairo, Egypt (1999).
- Participating in (member of) the technical committee responsible for assessing the bidders (vendor’s offers) for the National Egyptian Ground Receiving Station, Cairo, Egypt (2000).
- Participating in (member of) the technical committee responsible for the Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) of the National Egyptian Ground Receiving Station, Simi Valley, California, USA (2001).
- Participating in (member of) the technical committee responsible for the Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) of the National Egyptian Ground Receiving Station, Aswan and Cairo, Egypt (2006).
- Space Technology Applications and Climatic Changes Department, Space Sciences and Technology Research Council, Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Cairo, Egypt (2007).
- Member of the Edirorial Board of the Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Sciences, hosted and produced by Elsevier Publisher (2010).